08 April 2010

Apr 8

Reference links:
Old Testament

Today we get the rest of the poem started yesterday. As I am still not in the mood for poetry (I think because I have a slight cold), I do not have anything to say.

New Testament

Today Jesus tells his disciples to always be ready because he may return at anytime. Anytime now. Yup, any minute in the last 2000 years Jesus could have shown up. Any minute now it could happen. Perhaps about 10 minutes after Godot.

We also see this lovely sentiment that we have seen before,

I have come to set the world on fire, and I wish it were already burning! I have a terrible baptism of suffering ahead of me, and I am under a heavy burden until it is accomplished. Do you think I have come to bring peace to the earth? No, I have come to divide people against each other! From now on families will be split apart, three in favor of me, and two against—or two in favor and three against.
The first sentence, which I do not remember seeing in earlier expressions of this sentiment, just make it that much more extreme.

Psalms and Proverbs


Another day of the psalm recounting the history of the Israelites.

No comments:

Post a Comment