01 April 2010

Apr 1

Reference links:
Thank God for the glory of his grace! I realized that I was the wicked sinner today's readings were describing. Once I admitted that, the power of the Holy Spirit flowed over me, and I welcomed Jesus Christ into my heart as my one true Lord and Savior! God's word spoke to me!
For example, never sacrifice your son or daughter as a burnt offering. And do not let your people practice fortune-telling, or use sorcery, or interpret omens, or engage in witchcraft, or cast spells, or function as mediums or psychics, or call forth the spirits of the dead. Anyone who does these things is detestable to the Lord.
This is me! How many times have I wanted to practice fortune telling and use sorcery. I have tried in vain to cast spells and call forth the spirit of the dead! I have longed to have a child that I could sacrifice to the modern pagan God of abortion! I am this sinner!

I have let false prophets live. I have seen them make their failed prophecies and not rebuked them. I have been against war when my Lord teaches that war is just when it is waged in his holy name. I have cried out for justice for our prisoners of war, when my Lord teaches their complete destruction. My sins have been great!

Oh, how today's psalm speaks to me!
But as for me, I almost lost my footing.
My feet were slipping, and I was almost gone.
For I envied the proud
when I saw them prosper despite their wickedness.
They seem to live such painless lives;
their bodies are so healthy and strong.
They don’t have troubles like other people;
they’re not plagued with problems like everyone else.
They wear pride like a jeweled necklace
and clothe themselves with cruelty.
These fat cats have everything
their hearts could ever wish for!
They scoff and speak only evil;
in their pride they seek to crush others.
That was me! Everything I have done, everything I have said up to this point in my life was evil. All of my prosperity, health, and happiness was nothing but sin! And for those things I was willing to give up my eternal salvation!
The godly care for their animals,
but the wicked are always cruel.
I was always cruel, but now, with the power of Jesus, I can be kind to animals. Oh Lord! Without you, I always wanted to wring their little necks. But now, through your grace and mercy, I know that I should care for them. Thank you Lord for this revelation!

I know that many of you reading this are wicked fools like I once was. I beg you today to let Jesus heal you, just as he healed the boy possessed by demons. I beg you to welcome Jesus into your heart like a little child! The Bible says that Jesus is God's son, his Chosen One. Believe it!

3 comments:

  1. Reminds me of this passage from Paul in the midst of his imprisonment, "Now I want you to know, brethren, that my circumstances have turned out for the greater progress of the gospel, so that my imprisonment in the cause of Christ has become well known throughout the whole praetorian guard and to everyone else, and that most of the brethren, trusting in the Lord because of my imprisonment, have far more courage to speak the word of God without fear. Some, to be sure, are preaching Christ even from envy and strife, but some also from good will; the latter do it out of love, knowing that I am appointed for the defense of the gospel; the former proclaim Christ out of selfish ambition, rather than from pure motives, thinking to cause me distress in my imprisonment. What then? Only that in every way, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is proclaimed; and in this I rejoice, yes, and I will rejoice." (Philippians 1:12-18)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you've turned from your sorcerous ways. Can I have all your grimoires now that you no longer need them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. G Greer, I should give them to you, but they're such nice looking books to have on the bookshelf.

    ReplyDelete