04 March 2010

Mar 4

Reference links:
Old Testament

In today's reading, we learn where all of the different tribes should camp relative to the tabernacle. To the east: Judah, Issachar, and Zebulun. To the south: Reuben, Simeon, and Gad. To the west: Ephraim, Manasseh, and Benjamin. To the north: Dan, Asher, and Naphtali. I like organization. It makes me happy.

What makes me less happy is this: Moses numbered the first born sons (age 1 month or older) among the non-Levite tribes. This number was 22,273. As we learned yesterday, the total number of men 20 years or older was  603,550. The number of first born sons gives the number of families with sons. This means that each family had at least 603,550 / 22,273 = 27 sons. This is not even accounting for the fact that the set of men age 1 month or older is actually larger than 603,550. Not feasible!

New Testament

Today's New Testament reading contains more parables that we have read before. No interesting new twists that I noted, and I was not inspired with any new thoughts, so there's nothing more to comment about.

Psalms and Proverbs

I like the start of today's psalm:
Come everyone! Clap your hands!
Shout to God with joyful praise!
I think I like it because of the exclamation points.

Also, the proverbs still imply that one is either godly or wicked. Blah, blah, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment